Well, it's the next edition of things I'm loving lately. Depending on the season, I'm finding more and more new things to love! It's fun to look back on what had me hooked just a few months ago, and I can't wait to discover what's next. If you have anything YOU'RE loving lately, please tell me so I can give it a try - it might just become my new favorite thing!
It should come as no surprise that my list involves lots of food things and a podcast. This seems to be a pattern over time, and I'm totally embracing it. Trying new, eclectic, and totally delicious foods is sort of a hobby, and I listen to podcasts every single day! Plus, Target for the win as I'm decorating my new home. So, if you're looking for a few new things to love, here is a list just for you.
1) Our summer CSA from Dayspring Farm. I have looked high and low for years to try a CSA (community-supported agriculture), and there's finally one that delivers close enough to our home to justify driving there each week - plus, we are sharing with friends, so it cuts our commute time in half! Each week we get the FRESHEST bag of produce filled with everything from tomatoes to sweet corn to the most amazing (yellow!) watermelon I've ever had. The price is reasonable and the harvest is plentiful!
2) Target home decor. Yes, everyone loves Target and yes, I may be a little late to the game on this, but I partially blame Nathan because he is not one to decorate our home! Because of that, I try to choose simple but classic pieces to put on our walls, and Target has been the PERFECT solution. I love this little decorative shelf, and I'm always looking for new ideas!
3) Rebbl coffee. I was having coffee with a friend at Whole Foods one day and the stand was out of cold brew, so I went browsing for something in the refrigerated section and found a delicious, dairy-free, alternative that tastes like regular coffee but is packed with coconut MCTs and Reishi mushrooms. It sounds strange, I know, but you can't tell a difference! I enjoy the unsweetened version but there are other flavors as well. Besides, Rebbl donates a portion of its revenue to Not For Sale, which I LOVE.
4) The Daily podcast. This podcast is the perfect little soundbyte for my mornings. I listen to it while I'm eating breakfast, on my morning run, or doing things around the house. It's about 20 minutes long and covers the news events of the day or even special reports surrounding current events. They also released a standalone series called Caliphate that opened my eyes to SO much information. Yes, I'm a news nerd and yes, I kind of love it.
5) Forager Cashewgurt. Ok, bear with me on this one. I know this is on the weirder side of things, but after having to go dairy free I've missed yogurt! Unfortunately, that's one of the things that causes me the most trouble. After avoiding it for years I've discovered a great alternative at Whole Foods. It's dairy-free, has pronounceable ingredients, and is super delicious when mixed with some nut butter and my favorite protein powder. Give it a try!