One thing I love about this area is that there are so many gorgeous wedding venues to try! Hampton Roads and the surrounding area are filled with locations for weddings big and small, in all seasons and for all budgets and styles. While I have not visited every single one yet, I have been able to visit a few new venues this year, and these locations have quickly become some of my favorites ever! So, in no particular order, here are my newest favorite wedding venues in Hampton Roads and beyond.
1) The Chrysler Museum. The style and elegance of this venue are evident from the moment you first lay eyes on the outside to each perfectly architectured detail inside. The light comes in beautifully for brides who desire indoor ceremonies, and the staircase perfectly frames the space. Outside is a beautiful waterfront view, and even the front archways are a wonderful backdrop for bride and groom portraits. This venue is absolutely stunning from the inside out!
Click here to see an elegant wedding at the Chrysler Museum.
2) Hollyfield Manor. Just outside of Richmond, I love Hollyfield Manor for its location and the fact that it is a one-stop shop for a wedding. The grounds provide ample locations for portraits, from an adorable swing to a lake, an elegant historic homefront, and a reception space to die for. There is a rain backup plan just in case, but having a ceremony that overlooks the water underneath a white pergola is absolutely priceless.
Click here to see Jeremy and Meghan's wedding at Hollyfield Manor.
3) Two Rivers Country Club. I thought this venue was pretty when I saw the front, but the back took my breath away - especially as the sun began to sink below the horizon. The outdoor setting is the perfect location for the cocktail hour, and the indoor space is a neutral palette just begging for a bride's signature touch. A gazebo and waterfront property (I'm sensing a theme here!) perfectly rounds out the 'pretty factor' at this country club in Williamsburg.
Click here to see Will and Megan's Two Rivers wedding.
4) Saude Creek Winery. I could not think of a better location for an intimate ceremony filled with gorgeous details. The vineyards, the backyard space overlooking hundreds of trees, and the downstairs cellar all scream 'wedding' from the get-go. Their wine selection is incredible, and there is even a getting ready space upstairs that adds a touch of class to the day. I knew from the moment I pulled up to the venue that this would become one of my new favorites!
Click here to see Nick and Amber's Saude Creek Winery elopement.
5) Cedar Point Country Club. There aren't a lot of wedding venues in Suffolk, so finding this space was truly a surprise. The reception hall is ideal for a small-to-medium wedding, and the backdrop provides plenty of space for a variety of portrait locations. The sun sets in the back, lighting the sky on fire, and the wall of windows inside allows guests to see the beauty of each passing moment. I am absolutely loving this space!
Click here to see Charles and Jessi's wedding at Cedar Point Country Club.